Miracles :)

WARNING : EXTREMELY LONG POST. MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS AND CERTAIN EXTENT OF BORINGNESS.READ AT OWN RISK.

Something amazing happened today, and I want to share it with you.

There is this someone.
For the sake of the story, lets name them 'Z'.
Z was an important part of my childhood.

So let me take you back to when I was a little girl, around six years of age.

We were friends for as long as I could remember.
In fact... Z was my first best friend.

Although we didn't go to the same kindergarden, our houses were near enough for us to be friends.

When it was time for primary school, we went to the same school.
I stuck by Z and Z stuck by me.

Eventhough we made other friends, we always spent our time together.

Any period, be it free or not, we were together.

Over the months, some other friends joined our little 'group' and these were the friends that I loved hanging out with.

See, the thing is, in this 'group', I was the only girl.

That age itself I realized that it is better to befriend a boy than a girl.

Sure, there are ALOT of brownie points having friends who are girls, like maybe sleepovers, or doing each others nails and stuff, but all that ALSO comes with a darker side as well.

For example, girls tend to stab you in the back, gossip about unnecessary topics and they judge you even before knowing both sides of a story.

But when it's with a boy, they don't stab you in the back, they don't lie to you in your face, they don't judge you no matter what side of the story you're on, and the most beautiful part is, that they genuinely care about you, cause they don't care about your popularity status or what you are labeled as by your classmates.

To them, all they care about is the person that you are when you're with them.

Wait! Umm...what was I saying again? o.O

Ohhh yeah. The group. My group. OUR group.

So we were pretty close until Standard 3.
I know, i know...
You're thinking, ''why all this fuss about a story that happened when I was a kid. Like really A KID''. Rite?

Well, it actually has connection with the 'thing' that happened today, so bare with me.

Kayy. So you see, there was this time, when I was 9, it was during recess, and I was with them and I slipped.
I fell down and broke my teeth and these guys took me to see the teacher in charge cuz my mouth was all bloody and stuff.

I can remember this day as if it happened just yesterday instead of 10 years ago because of what the teacher said.

The teacher's name was Bibi Shareera and she said something that went along the lines of this :

''Tulah. Gatal lagi. Siape suruh ko gi duk dgn lelaki. Kan dah kene.
''

And the more 'awesome' part is, that EVEN after saying that, she didn't help me. She just left me, and it was THESE guys who found another teacher who cleaned me up.

The point of this story is, that after THAT incident, we kinda ALL just drifted apart...

We spent less time together and I found a group of girlfriends to hang with...

The saddest part is, that by the time I was 12, we rarely, if didn't talk to each other anymore.

And eventhough from time to time we still bumped into each other, I can't even look at him in the eyes.

All I think about whenever I see him is what that woman said.

It's like as if a broken record playing in my mind... ''Gatal...'' ''Gatal...'' ''Gatal...
''

And that makes me... *insert any unpleasant feeling here*

You see, Z was really special to me.
He was my first real best friend, and till this day, I still think that if that Bibi lady didn't say what she said, we would still be friends...

But yeah. You can't change what happened rite?

So..

The amazing thing that happened
today is that after 10 years not talking to each other (unless it really couldn't be avoided), Z finally said something to me.
After 10 years...
10 long, long years, it was as if some spell has been broken. (please excuse me for I watched a few Disney movies today :P)

I know that you may feel a teensy bit of frustration right now.

I mean, ''after reading so long, all that happened today was a measly exchange of words?!
''

I know how you feel.

But to me, its more than JUST a ''measly exchange of words''.

It was... *insert all happy feelings here*

I'm crapping. I know.
Sorry. :)
But I'm happy.
And yeahyeahyeah....I'm weird. :)

Maybe I AM thinking too much about this, but it just wouldn't leave my mind until I wrote about it.

And what better place do I have if I were to write, if not here rite?? (;