twozeroonetwo

A year. That's how long I didn't blog. One whole year. The last I really blogged about my college prom night. Which means that there has been oh so many things that had actually happened. Even as I am writing this, I feel the heavy ache in my heart, knowing that there would have been so many memories that had slipped through my brain, that may or may not have been lost forever, but I'll try just writing all that I can remember.

Like I said, so much had happened. Life had just been piling up and piling up till at times, I just feel like I cant take it no more. But in this post, I wont blog about anything to do with how I feel right now just yet, but just the events that occurred. Just the events and my feelings towards them.

It's 6 am here in Malaysia, and I still can't sleep. I have idea if it's because of my jet lag, or if it's because I'm just too tired. So I decided to reopen my blog, and just type out stuff.

I'll do it month by month, highlighting only the important events. I will write about everything I remember, everything I felt, and if by any remote chance I hurt some feelings here, I'm sorry. It's my blog. My place to vent. My safe haven where I can say anything, without feeling the need to protect anyone's feelings either than my own.

I stopped on August 2011. Up till the beginning of 2012 I've been juggling both my Diploma final semester and my foundation studies. The only problem I faced then was that some of the people I thought were my friends, showed their real colours then, by nearly sabotaging the completion of my studies. But since God was with me, and I had the supports of my family, I managed to ace both my diploma and my foundation studies, so I'm cool.

Then came March, when it was time for me to finally start my MD. In Kursk. Russia.

So, I left Malaysia on the 14th of March 2012, for the first time leaving my family behind. Me, the one who didn't even want to attend boarding school. Me, who have been pampered by my parents for as long as I remember. Me, who couldn't even cook back then. Me, who wouldn't do anything on my own, going off to a foreign land, all by myself? At that time, it looked like it was not such a good idea, but I wanted to give it a try. And  boy did I learn alot.

We used Singapore airlines to go there. We received a culture shock with every element that was there. The people, the weather, the rules. But we adapted really fast. Not that we had a choice. So here I am, 4 months later. I know how to cook, I can take care of myself without needing to rely totally on my parents. Believe it or not, I cleaned the toilet!

Classes started as soon as we settled down and the long, tiring process of registration was completed. Our batch of around 50 students were divided into 4 groups; 22,23,26, and 27. I was assigned to group 23 with Alya, where else Tharsh, Kah Ying, and Jec was assigned to group 27, 22, and 26 respectively. Initially, we decided to choose our groupmates, but since some people wanted to be in certain groups, there was some small amount of jealousy so our group-mates were assigned to us instead.

The university has this system where they break down students into smaller groups of people, who for 6 years, would be attending practical classes together. Lectures are the only place where all batchmates from all over the world attend together. So for 6 years, if no one petitions for a change of group, we'll be together. This will be our family in Russia.

Here is where I usually shout out those who I feel extremely blessed to have meet, how we met, what we usually do, so meet :

Melvinder Singh 

Indian Night 2012


We had a kind of 'secret' friendship during Nirwana days since he's from the April intake, I'm from June and during the Nirwana days, there was bad blood (immature though, but bad blood nonetheless) between the two intakes. We started communicating through facebook, and now, nearly 8 months later, he's one of the most awesome guy friend one can have. I wanted him to be in the same group as me since the beginning, but alas, we just had to be assigned to different groups. We usually just talk about everything ranging from studies all the way to crap. He's nice to talk to about anything, and although he says he doesn't always understand what I'm saying, he's catching on. 







Balminder Singh
Injection time!


To tell you the truth, and he already know this, I didn't really like him during Nirwana days. I've heard so much negative stories about him that I really didn't feel comfortable being in a close proximity with him. The only reason I started talking to him in Russia was because Bal's Mel's cousin. So imagine my horror when he was actually assigned to the same group as me. But I was wrong, he actually is a really nice person once you get to know him. He reminds me of Adi; a very funny, quirky and a very kind friend to have. He's like the giant talking teddy bear that we all used  have when we were kids. He has helped me multiple times, even when I didn't need it. Like his cousin, you can talk about anything and everything with him. He has a very fascinating background, hates sarcasm, which makes me wonder how he manages to actually be one of my closest friends from Kursk. Oh yeah, he loves sleeping during the movie nights that we used to have with our groupmates every Saturday.


Adina Yasmin
Metro trip!



 The baby that I met and got closer to once I reached Kursk. She's Jec's roomate, hence why we started talking in the first place. She's the only reason why I don't feel so homesick because I can talk rojak with her and she will understand my point. She's extremely helpful and will always extend a helping hand whether or not you need it. She's funny and most importantly, she understands internet memes! She gets excited when mummy posts on her wall as well. Hahah!










Labour Day Parade 2012
Tharrshine



 We were not really close during Nirwana. Just random heys and byes. But now, she's everything you need in a girlfriend. She keeps your secrets, she always have your back, she's an awesome cook! She's also my neighbour in Kursk, so can just go to the next room and talk non stop. She helps me concentrate on my studies and she once threatened to pour cold water on me if I didn't wake up early one morning to study for an exam that I was having. What more can a girl ask for?








So, it's 10.30 am now, and I still haven't sleep. Imma try to sleep now, so part 2 will be updated once I awake!